Pages of Interest

Friday, April 27, 2012

Opting Out of the State Tests ..... Here's How: Send this letter to school


Give this letter to your Principal: 


Dear Mr. ________________________________(Principal) 

Please accept this letter as my request to excuse my child, __________________________, from participation in all state testing. This is my right under §60615 of the California Education Code.
I understand that it is an educator’s professional duty to assess the learning of students and I fully support our teachers, our principal and our staff in doing so. This request is not intended to restrict professional assessment by the classroom teacher to which my child is assigned. I am exercising my right to opt out of the state assessments because the continued budget cuts to education demonstrate a lack of support for student learning in the classroom. This must change, children's learning must be supported with proper funding, safe transportation, adequate and updated materials and smaller class sizes. If it is not, I will not support state testing. 

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment